Pitching is a key PR skill for small businesses. Most journalists get hundreds of press releases and email pitches every day – many of which get deleted unopened.
In this highly informative and practical session, Rebecca Burn-Callander, former Enterprise Editor of the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph, gives the low down on how to generate stories journalists will love, pitch your story and get your business into the press.
You will learn:
- what makes a good news story…and what doesn’t
- how to pick the right magazine or newspaper to approach and why that's important
- the best times/days to contact journalists and how best to contact them
- how to build positive relationships with journalists
- how to pitch your story and not your company
- the do’s and don’ts of contacting the press.
Former enterprise editor, The Daily Telegraph & Sunday Telegraph
The Alma , The Alma (The Bramford Room), 499 Old York Road, London, SW18 1TF
The Alma (The Bramford Room)
499 Old York Road